Sunday, June 8, 2014

My Baby Mom

She told me to tell her when the playoff game began right before she laid down. She had just worked herself hard throwing a party yesterday.... Not to mention she woke up early this morning to go to church , then she came home and cleaned. Yeah she was tired.

So I turned on the tv and checked the TV guide to check the game time .... Then no sooner that I walked down to let her know the game would be at 7. She was knocked out. Sleep in her bed. There she was sleeping like a baby. I stared At her from as distance and admired her for a while.... And it dawns on me... She was a baby.

 I imagined my mom as a little baby sleep, thought of how fragile her heart and emotions were, and how she needed to be handled gently just like a baby, thought of how she was once a tiny thing filled with innocence, and needed to be shown so much yet protected from so much at the sametime. I thought of how as an adult so much of that innocence may have been taken away. And how my grandma may not have been able to protect her from many things... I thought of how my mom didn't have her father growing up... And then considered the stuff she's been the through with my father and my sister's father... How she needs more than anything a good man in her life to take care of her... And Now im a man... And I haven't done such a great job. And tho she is an adult , she is still very much a baby and I def haven't done a great job treatin her as such.... And it isn't right cause my mom is my grandmas baby... And I'm pretty sure that's how my grandma would still see her or could still see her as that....HER BABY. Now that my Grandma is gone it is up to me andmy siblings to still make my mom feel as PRECIOUS AS A BABY...

Furthermore... I might have a daughter someday and I'll want everyone In her path to treat her with tenderness love n care... so i have to look at it like this... Now even though my mom is grown woman... I feel it is my job to try and return to my mom a degree of innocence back to her in the sense that she doesn't have to worry about things... Like where is love going to come from, who will care for me.. cause as much as it is in me - mom I got u

Without uttering a word.. I tiptoed out the room and and down the stairs where there are many photos filled with my mom tthrough the years. nothing but photos of my mom... And its shown to me that even tho my mom is not my kid... I still have had the privilege of watching her grow and come to the age she is now and it's just as beautiful... As watching a kid grow. And can almost bring me to tears knowing you only get 1 mom and you can't control how long you have them... It was enought make me wanna go back upstairs and shut my moms door and lock it to make sure nuthing happens to her. My mom is my baby and I pray that in so many ways I can make her feel just the way she has made me feel as her baby... Love you mom - michael

(As I imagine my mom as a baby.. and if I imagined her going through all the stuff she's been through as that baby... All that tiring work and raising my sis and bro and working day and night with lil to no help. If I imagined her doing all that as a baby.... It's enough to say Maan that's too much for a baby to go through ... So I need treat my mom as a baby... To try as much as I can to make this life which is already hard enough and lonely enough... Easier on her... A BABY)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

https://www.ccis.edu/learn/sports-management-2.aspx?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpm&utm_campaign=90065&utm_id=90065&fbclid=IwAR2FcVAkPABGhHB3flF5HJ8JDe9Iil5k_axIqZajuGc4U2JaNjEJwLpFmyk